Re: Exponential Damping

Dimitris

I usually do not say much but looking at these three graphs, it
appears to me (course I could be wrong) that the expoential aspect of
these graphs is a result not of buying/selling pressure but the
actual value of the stock over these periods. MSTF has maintain a
value between 50 and 70 over this period, while Yahoo has dropped
from well over 100 to around 10 during this period. QQQ has dropped
from over 100 to around 25 during this period. The range between
these are 1.4 for MSTF, over 5 for Yahoo and over 4 for QQQ. This
value ranges should be normalize to make it accurate I would think.
Maybe the ATR provide a better picture than the H+L-2C that you use
to show buying pressure. Maybe just normalize the stock values
before doing something like your doing would work.

Just a thought. BTW, keep up the good work. Ideals are what we need
to work with and you are an ideal person.

SLwiser

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Dimitris Tsokakis" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx> wrote:
> Close value is not always the average of H, L. If there is a strong
buying pressure, Close will be near H and
> if the selling pressure is strong, Close will be near L.
> The quantity Dv=H+L-2*C is descriptive enough.
> For many stocks the Dv graph follows the last 30 months an
exponential damping, as you may see from