RWI - Random Walk Index

Ran across the AB functions RWI(min,max) etc. and I have been unable to
locate a mathematical description or motivation (or intelligible code).

Apparently, RWI was presented by Michael Poulos in the Jan 92, TASC: Random
Walk was defined in Technical Analysis Of Stocks and Commodities by Michael
Poulos (see TASC, January 1992 and September 1992). Random Walk calculates
how much price should move over a given period if its movement were purely
random. When price moves past this level, it can be assumed to be trending
in that direction and the system will issue a signal. The maximum look-back
period for Random Walk is optimizable in this system. An excellent system.

Sounds interesting, however, I cannot ferret out the significance of the
min/max parameters. BTW I can locate several metastock listings, and an
easy language listing - neither help me much.

Can anyone suggest a reference?

Cheers,

Richard