RE: [amibroker] Indicator Values at Buys

Waz, Steve:
thanks to both of you for responding; seems simple in
hindsight.
<SPAN
class=950200113-29042002>
Waz, that is
exactly why I asked the question. I am looking for other indicators to improve
an existing system. This is a way to see values of other indicators.  I
have several separate systems that seem to complement each other.  To see
the values of my other system indicators, I will have to create one large AFL
file with all of my custom indicators in one file, and then run your code or the
filter Steve suggested.
<SPAN
class=950200113-29042002>
Thanks
again,
<SPAN
class=950200113-29042002>
Ken

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Listes trading
[mailto:listes.trading@xxxx]Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 3:31
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
Indicator Values at Buys
<FONT color=#800000 face=Verdana
size=2>Another solution is:
Ind
= RSI(10); // Define your indicator
<FONT color=#800000 face=Verdana
size=2>Ind_Buy_Value = iif(Buy,Ind,0);
<FONT color=#800000 face=Verdana
size=2><FONT color=#800000 face=Verdana
size=2>Ind_Short_Value = iif(Short,Ind,0);
<FONT color=#800000 face=Verdana
size=2>
<FONT color=#800000 face=Verdana
size=2>It will produce arrays with the value of
the indicator on buy/short bars and 0 elsewhere.
<FONT color=#800000 face=Verdana
size=2>You can tabulate it as stated by Steve
using :
<FONT color=#800000 face=Verdana
size=2>Filter = Ind_Buy_Value!=0 OR
Ind_Short_Value!=0;
<FONT color=#800000 face=Verdana
size=2>
<FONT color=#800000 face=Verdana
size=2>Your mail gives me a idea I want to work
on:
<FONT color=#800000 face=Verdana
size=2>create a "all-the-time-winning-system"
(something like : buy on troughs and sell on peaks)
<FONT color=#800000 face=Verdana
size=2>record the value of any indicator on the
buy/sell days
<FONT color=#800000 face=Verdana
size=2>compute statistics to identify efficient
thresholds
<FONT color=#800000 face=Verdana
size=2>A good way to test if old sayingslike
"buy when RSI is lower than 70" have some statistical
soundness.
<FONT color=#800000 face=Verdana
size=2>
<FONT color=#800000 face=Verdana
size=2>Waz

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Steve Dugas
[mailto:sjdugas@xxxx]Sent: dimanche 28 avril 2002
23:38To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
[amibroker] Indicator Values at Buys
Hi Ken,

If you set

Filter = BUY or SELL;

and then use AddColumn to add a column for each indicator,
your exploration results will contain one line for each trade signal, which
will contain the value of your indicators on that day. If the actual
trade is delayed, you can set up AddColumn as follows:

AddColumn<FONT
size=2>(Ref( Your Indicator Here, Periods To
Delay), "Header");

Is this what you were looking for?

Steve