Re: [amibroker] AmiBroker 3.84 beta - an early beta with native QP2 read

Hello,

I will appreciate any feedback since I made almost complete
rewrite of
the database handling part. The "side effect" is that 10000
stock database loads
now in 5 seconds.

Big thanks to you Peter for your hints and Gary
Lyben from Quotes Plus
for providing me the sample code to retrieve industry
groups from QP2..

BTW: TC2000 native data feed is on the way.
Best regards,Tomasz
Janeczkoamibroker.com
<BLOCKQUOTE

3.84 beta - an early beta with native QP2 read

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Tomasz,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>WOW!  What can I say ... thanks!  I haven't put it through
the wringer yet but very slick!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Will
let you know if there are any problems.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Excellent Job!

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Peter Gialames
<FONT
size=2><FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff>
<SPAN
class=498331619-10122001> -----Original
Message-----From: Tomasz Janeczko
[mailto:tj@xxxx]Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 12:44
PMTo: <A
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
[amibroker] AmiBroker 3.84 beta - an early beta with native QP2
read

Hello,
I have just uploaded a new early beta with direct
Quotes Plus read. It is available at:
<A
href="">http://www.amibroker.com/bin/ab3840beta.exe
(331K self extracting archive) - you will need todownload and install
v3.80 before using it.
WARNING: This particular release is an EARLY beta.
It is provided solely for Quotes Plus users that want to try out brand new
direct data read from Quotes Plus. All the others should wait for more
stable version. Expect bugs. BACKUP your data first !
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
IMPORTANT: If you haven't installed AmiBroker 3.80 before you have
to do it before trying this beta version.
Make a BACKUP of the directory where you installed previous (3.80)
version.Then unpack the beta archive to this directory. The archive
comes with a new "Broker.exe" and "CoolTool.dll" program files. Third
file, "Brokey.dll", needed to run AmiBroker comes from your old versionand
it is NOT included in the beta archive.
This package contains also a QP2.DLL data plug-in in the "Plugins"
subdirectory. To use is just copy "Plugins" directory to your AmiBroker
folder.
Then run AmiBroker. You should see "AmiBroker 3.84 beta" written in the
About box.
USAGE
Run AmiBroker
Choose File->New database
Type a new folder name (for example: C:\Program
Files\AmiBroker\NewData ) and click Create
Choose "Quotes Plus plug-in" from Data source combo. Choose
"Disable" from "Local data storage"
Click on Configure button
In the Quotes Plus configuration dialog click Retrieve button -
this will setup a new database with all stocks and sectors/industriesas
they look in QP2