Re: MAE refinement

Tomacz,

I have read the Reference guide->System test report window

1/ you must update the
Bars (avg. days) in test:1242 (1800)

2/I 'd take a simple equity for Long
entryprice=100
day1= 105
day2= 95 equity dip
day3= 120 equity peak value
day4= 115 exitprice

> 1. Max. trade drawdown: The largest point distance between equity
peak value and the following trough value experienced by any
> single trade

is it 120-115 ???

3/The Trade drawdown is the equity dip by any single trade relative
to the entry price
is it 100-95 ?? ( entryprice-equity dip)

in this case it is the MAE for a winning trade in a long system

4/ But for a losing trade of a long system, example
entryprice=100
day1= 105
day2= 95
day3= 90 stoploss

what is the trade drawdawn?
always 100-90;

5/what will be really interesting:
to have different MAE for winning trade drawdawn and losing trade
drawdawn in the purpose to setting stops correctly.

Please
stephan carrasset