Re: [amibroker] Re: Is this possible ?

I have attached an exploration for automatic analysis, which counts
total number of bars in database, and how many times C < 0 and C >= O.
Does this help.
I will read the preceding e-mails, to bring myself up to speed on what
you are trying to achieve, and see if I can add.

Anthony

ct1942 wrote:

> Thank you very much for this answer...however, I was hoping that
> there might be some type of sum formula that would give me the total
> of the database I was scanning so that I could use this scan with
> multple databases without having to figure how many tickers were in
> the database each time I changed databases.
>
> I know I'm asking a lot, but I'm not very good at programing, as you
> probably can tell.
>
> Thanks
>
> ct1942
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxx, "dtsokakis" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx> wrote:
> > You should know the total population of your database.
> > If this number is t and let for ^NDX t=101, then
> >
> > t1=Foreign("_WHITECD","V");
> > t=101;/*put here the population of your database*/
> > p=100*t1/t;
> > graph0=p;
> >
> > Dimitris Tsokakis
> >
> > PS : In Nasdaq100 this number is 101. If you scan other
> > databases, the number may vary for various reasons.
> > In this case I use the following technique.
> > I run two complementary composites, (in your example
> > C>O and C<=O are two categories including all stocks)
> > Change the beginning of the code with
> > /*STOCKS WITH C<=O*/
> >
> > values = C<=O;
> >
> > EnableScript("vbscript");
> >
> > days = Day();
> > months = Month();
> > years = Year();
> > initialize = Status("stocknum") == 0;
> >
> > <%
> > Name = "_NOTWHITECD"
> >
> > leaving the rest as it is in /*STOCKS WITH C>O*/
> > Now, after two runs, you know how many stocks have C>O and
> > how many C<=O. in Ind builder you may have
> >
> > t1=Foreign("_WHITECD","V");
> > t2=Foreign("_NOTWHITECD","V");
> > t=t1+t2;
> > p=100*t1/t;
> > graph0=p;
> >
> > It looks strange but, we do not have a direct method to count in
> > AFL world, although counting is the first thing we need.
> > Even when you scan or Explore, there is not any counter in the
> results
> > table.
> > So, counting is covered with such tricks.
> > Dimitris Tsokakis
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxx, "ct1942" <ct1942@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Dimitris,
> > > Can you show me how graph this as a percent?
> > >
> > > TIA,
> > > ct1942

> i )
> > > & "-

> condition
> > > is

> > > stocks
> over

Cond1=C<O;
Cond2=C>=O;
Cond3=Cum(1); // number of bars in database
Cond4=LastValue(Cum(1));
Cond5=LastValue(Cum(Cond1));
Cond6=LastValue(Cum(Cond2));

Filter=Cond3>0;