Re: [amibroker] Auto fitting

Hello,

The solution to this problem is to change the numbering of graphs as
shown in the modified formula below:

r = L*0.0125; Llr = L-r; Lur = L+r;
f = H*0.0125; Hlr = H-f; Hur = H+r;
ret = LastValue(((HHV(H,5) - LLV(L,5))/2) + LLV(L,5)>L);

/* using Close for the first graph ensures proper scaling */
Graph0 = Close;
Graph0Style = 64;
Graph0Color = 1;

Graph1 = IIf (ret == 1, LastValue(Llr),LastValue(Hlr));
Graph1Color = 4;
Graph2 = IIf (ret == 1, LastValue(Lur),LastValue(Hur));
Graph2Style = 1;
Graph2Color = 5;

I simply changed the order of graphs so first plot (graph0) shows price.
The reason of this behaviour is as follows:
Charting engine scans graphs in the order graph0, graph1, ...
and modifies min/max values for scaling based on the maximum and minimum
values given in graphX arrays.

There is one problem however - if the array holds THE VERY SAME
value through all bars - maximum and minimum are the same which would
lead to problems when displaying grid - so AmiBroker sets the maximum to
2 * minimum.

The process is continued for the next graph lines.

So in your case, when graph0 was assigned a constant value of 10000,
the min was set to 10000 and max to 20000. When the close array gets
analysed the scaling engine lowers min to 7000 (min from price) but the upper
bound is OK (it is not adjusted because prices fit in 20000 range).
So the result is that you get 7000-20000 scale.

If you change the order of graphs so close is evaluated first -
a proper range for closing price is detected 7000-12000 (for example) and
further checks of constant values do not affect lower and upper bounds
because the value fits inside the range.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com