Re: [amibroker] offtopic: Historical Avalable Cash

--- jonf <jonf_ca@xxxx> wrote:
> Dear Traders !
>
> A lot of analyst are talking about the available cash in Money
> Market.
>
> Does anyone know where I can find historical data of the amount of
> cash sitting compare to the amount of money invested in the equities
> market for the US market ?
>
> I don't necessary need daily data, weekly of monthly data will be
> sufficient !

Liquidity reports from Trimtabs are used by many professional money
managers, but it costs some major bucks to subscribe. An overkill for
retail investors. It is possible to derive some useful information
posted every week for free access.

http://www.trimtabs.com/news/archive/weekly_nov19_2001.pdf

There may be other sources with data more pertinent to your need. But
liquidity is the key - money supply (with the Fed's Open Market
Operations), Mutual Fund Inflows/Outflows and portfolio rebalancing by
large funds - especially l/t institutions like Pension Funds ..

Geo