Re: [amibroker] Volume data field

--- Tomasz Janeczko <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:

> Add $VOLFACTOR 0.01 to get volume imported in 100's
> or $VOLFACTOR 0.001 to get volume imported in 1000's
> at the end of appropriate format definition file.
> (In case of AmiQuote these are aqh.format and aqd.format files
> in the Formats folder)

This is what I did to convert, after first writing a script to modify
the source data. Long Int may be adequate except for the indices... but
who knows - the next Enron may trade 3 billion shares... You may
consider a Volume Factor field in the DB ... which can be even a byte
field or an Int16. However - diskspace is cheap, so no problem with
going to FP. I still think computations will be faster with Integers.

Geo