Volume data field

I thought I would do some volume studies on the Nasdaq and started to
import volume data. It appears the volume field is long int and tops
out at 0x7fffffff (2147483647). Ascii import of higher numbers become
negative numbers in AB. How are people charting the Nasdaq volume? The
field size is more than adequate (for now)for all except the Nasdaq.
For now, I am dividing the volume by 100 before importing into AB.

Geo