>From:
<A title=lcoetzer@xxxx
href="">Louw-Roux Coetzer
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2001
12:56 PM
Subject: [amibroker] EMA

Dear Tomasz

Could you please tell me exactly how AmiBroker
goes about calculating the Exponential Moving Average...especially the
smoothing factor it uses...

Currently I'm using this
formula:

    ( Today's close * X1 )+( Yesterday's Moving Average
* X2 )

Where X1 and X2 are the smoothing factors
calculated as follows:

n =  The period of the EMA e.g. 10
days
s =  Smoothing Factor

X1 = 2 / (n + s)
X2 = s - X1

When I run this formula on say 20 day's of data
from a specific share and compare it to the EMA calculation in AB, I finda
difference...thus there must be a difference in the calculations AB uses...I
need this to compile a possible solution to my previous e-mail concerning
MACD/Price matrix creation.

Kind regards

Louw Coetzer
 Your