RE: [amibroker] AmiBroker BackTesting Irregularity

  • To: torebecca@xxxx
  • Subject: RE: [amibroker] AmiBroker BackTesting Irregularity
  • From: "John Pyle" <jmp23834@xxxx>
  • Date: 22 Nov 2001 02:47:01 -0000

David, Try using:   Sell = ref(buy,-30); ----- Original Message ----- From: To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: 11/21/01 7:59:12 PM Subject: [amibroker] AmiBroker BackTesting Irregularity I'm sure you probably know about this already, but I would really like to find a solution for it.I would like to implement a system such asbuy = cross( rsi, 70);sell = barssince(buy) >30;so that a share is bought if the rsi crosses the 70 mark, then hold the share for 30 trading days.  However I have noticed that if during that 30 trading days the RSI drops under 70 and then meets the buy criteria again ( ie cross(rsi, 70)), then my 30 days starts again from when the second buy signal is generated... so some trades may last for say 45 days if a second buy signal is generated at day 15.Is there any way I can stop it doing this ??RegardsDavidYour use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.   --- John Pyle