Re: [amibroker] Confused with Optimization results

Hello,
First, if your system is mostly out of the market (low Exposure)
RAR values will be high becauseRAR is calculated from profit divided bythe
exposure. So the lower exposure is - the higher RAR you get.
1. Average winning/ 2. average losing trade:
The average of winning/losing trades (sum of winners/losers divided by a
number of winning/losing trades) 1. (SumWinners/NumWinners)  2.
(SumLosers/NumLosers)
3. Exposure: Shows how much you are exposed to the
market. It is a ratio of bars in the market divided by total number of bars
under test. (The number of bars in the market is given by total number of bars
minus bars out of the market) (BarsInMarket/TotalBarsInTest)
4. Risk adjusted ann. return: Shows annual return of the
system (*see note) adjusted (divided) by market exposure. If your system gained
10% over one year with the exposure of 50% the adjusted return would be 20%
(10%/0.5) AnnualReturn/Exposure
5. Ratio avg win/avg loss: The absolute value of the
ratio of average winning trade to average losing trade abs(
(SumWinners/NumWinners)/(SumLosers/NumLosers) )
Profit factor: The absolute value of the ratio of the
profit of winners to loss of losers
abs( SumWinners/SumLosers )
Avg. trade (win & loss): The average trade profit
calculated as sum of winners and losers divided by the number of trades. (
SumWinners + SumLosers )/( NumWinners + NumLosers )
Hope this helps.

Best regards,Tomasz
Janeczko===============AmiBroker - the comprehensive share
manager.<FONT face=Tahoma