RE: [amibroker] Dave Landry Pullback Code - Fixed

Hi
David,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
The
code is meant to be used as an Exploration (instead of a Scan), and the buyand
sell stops are for the *next* bar.  If price doesn't cross the buy or sell
stop, you remain flat, so it isn't meant to be a trading system.  You also
need to take into account how you will exit, which in my case usually involves
trailing a stop for 3-5 days, unless I get a parabolic move in which case Iwill
often sell into it.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
In the
graph you posted, you would place a sell stop the night of 1/4/2000 at 1.85(the
low) - .125 (to reduce whipsaws) for the following trading days open.
Becuase the issue you tested is a low priced one, you might want to adjust the
.125 to better reflect its daily range.  I trade issues over 10 dollars
usually, so the 1/8 is good enough for me.  You would have been filledon
the sell stop on 1/5/2000 and then you would place a buy stop (Stop loss) at
1.89 (the 1/4/200 signal High price) + .125 or so.  The sell stop would
never be hit and the down trend resumed providing you with a pretty decent entry
into a trending issue.  The  ensuing downtrend did take a while to
ramp up, and I probably would have been bored and out before it really
moved.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Hope
that helps to clear up its use a little.  For a great reference, take a
look at Dave Landy on Swing Trading, which is where I pulled the pattern
from.  It explains the method pretty well.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Daniel

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: David Holzgrefe
[mailto:dtholz@xxxx]Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001
10:44 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Fw:
[amibroker] Dave Landry Pullback Code - Fixed