Upgrades, Dlls, and other thoughts

Dear Tomasz,

I suspect you are having a touch of guilt because many of us have gotten
used to receiving endless upgrades at no cost. You have nothing to worry
about. You have earned your fee (and everyone's respect!) You are entitled
to make a little money from the fruits of your years of labor.

If my memory serves me correctly, I bought Amibroker a very long time ago
when it cost something like $39.00 US. And you didn't even have credit card
capability in those old days!

I can think of nothing I have every bought- at much higher price, that has
given me the kind of service you have given me (and everyone else who has
purchased AB).

I can think of nothing else that has returned to me so much for the
investment I made to buy AB.

I remember a discussion you and I had years ago when I told you I thought
you were virtually giving away such a valuable program, and you replied
that you were less interested in making money from the sale of the software
program than you were in bringing to the investment community a quality
product that would permit growth and expansion as the sophistication of the
usergroup expanded.

Look what you have created.

But I also want to salute all the great programmers, coders, thinkers and
traders who are now entrenched amibroker users. The various forums and the
spirit of the group has encouraged so many to share, develop, expand and
improve upon your ideas- as well as introducing new ideas of their own.

On your AmiBroker, I use Dimitris' indicators and thinking strategies every
day. There are so many composites, codes, (and now a DLL) etc. I would
never have been able to decipher, and owe a great THANKS to so many of you
for your unstinting help and patience with me. But I also note that each
"newbie" who joins us gets that same unstinting care and assistance from
what is easily the greatest group on the Internet!

If this sounds like a love letter, I suppose it is. And there is no price
that can buy these feelings!

Bravo to you and to the group.

Nate