Re: [amibroker] ..and now for something completely different

Dear Peter (a.k.a server not recognized),

I have 10+ years of experience in programming and I know that surprises you mention
just happen all the time.
I wrote tens of applications including big business apps (being a part of different teams).
I started writing AmiBroker in 1995 on Amiga platform simply because there was
almost no T/A software for it. Since start I really enjoyed independence and
the fact I was designing the software for myself since I also trade stocks.
During first years I enjoyed also growing interest from the users (AmiBroker took
second place in the contest of the best Amiga application in 1997 in Poland)
Unfortunatelly Amiga as a platform was dying and I began to think about porting
AmiBroker to Windows. There were actually 2 attempts but the second one started
in 1999 brought to you the thing you know now.

What I always appreciated a lot was and is the user feedback. It is really HUGE
motivating force. Without you, the users, I would for sure be years behind.
You just keep the me beliving that I am creating a useful thing. I really enjoy
this close developer-user relation. I belive that this is what AmiBroker is all about.

You are right - there is still a lot of work, but I guess we have quite good starting point :-)

I would like to thank you (and all the others) for mentioning AmiBroker here and there.
A single word of a happy user does a *lot* of good job making other people taking a look
at the software.

So I am sure that with your great support and feedback AmiBroker becomes
really powerful.

Thank you all.

Best wishes,
Tomasz Janeczko