VECTORVEST: more on its database & indicators

Tomasz

I hope the length of the following list does not scare you. Many of
the VV fields are already in AB (such as Open, High, Low, Close,
Volume) or can easily be calculated by AB (VV's %PRC, %Vol, AvgVol)
and thus do not need to be accessed in VV. But VV has a wealth of
fundamental, momentum, and relative indicator data gathered into one
place. It would be nice to access in AB to fundamental data like PE,
GRT, DY, DG, Sales, Market Cap) and unique VV indicators especially
RV, RS, RT, DS, YSG.

I am not a programmer so I am not sure the following is the order in
which the data is stored in the VV database, but it is the default
display order.

Company: A truncated form of the company's name to save space.

Symbol: Ticker symbol, Canadian stocks have .T0 added to the symbol.

Exchange: N for New York, A for American Exchange, T for Toronto, O
for other including Nasdaq, "x" in front of the symbol indicates
stocks with options.

Price: closing price, Open, High, Low come later in the default
display.

Value: VV's estimate of a stocks value which seems to include price
momentum factors as well as more traditional earnings and growth
considerations.

RV: Relative Value: a valuation unique to VectorVest which compares
the gain potential of the stock to the current gain of high quaility
corporate debt. RV values range from 0 (very poor) to 2 (very good)
with 2 decimals of precision.

RS: Relative Safety: another valuation unique to VectorVest with a
range of 0 to 2 (2 decimals of precision).

RT: Relative Timing: A type of medium term momentum indicator with
values from 0 to 2 (again 2 decimal points).

VST: A combination of RV, RS, and RT indicators (also from 0 to 2.00)

GRT: Growth: I think this is a "forward" estimate which is given in
percentage (no decimals).

REC: "B", "H", "S" Recommendations.

Stop: A stop loss figure based on a moving average but modified to
give riskier stocks tighter stops.

EPS: Earnings per share (forward looking estimates I believe).

EY: Earnings Yield (EPS/Price*100). Like many VV data fields, this
one is redundant since it can be derived from PE.

PE: P/E (forward looking estimate as I understand it).

GPE: Another mathematical manipulation this time of PE and Growth.

DIV: Dividend per share. I'm not sure whether this is trailing or
forward looking.

DY: Dividend Yield.

DS: Dividend Safety. An estimate of the risk/safety of dividends.

DG: Divident Growth. Again I'm not sure whether this is trailing or
forward looking.

YSG: A combined indicator built on DY, DS, DG.

Risk: "Low", "Med", "High" estimates of Divident Risk. Seems
redundant given the DS figure.

Open:
High:
Low:
Range: High - Low (again redundant)

%PRC: Today's price increase from yesterday's close in percent.

Volume: actual shares so 10 means 10 shares not 1,000.

AvgVol: A moving average of Volume.

%Vol: How today's volume compares to AvgVol. 0= same as the moving
average, so -25% indicates 25% less volume than the average.

Sales($M): Sales in millions

SPS: Sales per share.

P/S: Price per share divided by SPS.

Shares(M): Shares in millions.

MktCap($M): Market Cap in millions.

Industry: Each stock is place in one of more than 100 "industries"
and these industries in tern are placed in several dozen "sectors".

In addition to the above, there is a date field but it is usually
displayed in the screen heading and not in the data columes.

Hope this helps you get a picture of VectorVest.

b519b