Re: Angles

Dear Tomasz,
I have not read yet the examples "trendline by angle", "Gann 45%
line","Gann grid" of your reference.
I just transferred to the mail-list some facts from Geometry,
sufficiently explained (at least I hope so)
Thank you for your comments here and elsewhere.

Best Regards
Dimitris Tsokakis

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think that Dimitris pointed out one important thing:
> any drawing tool that uses "angle" in its composition:
> for example "trendline by angle", "Gann 45% line",
> "Gann grid" are somewhat misleading because
> changing one axis scale changes all angles :-)
>
> That's why I am not a big fan of implementing these
> in AmiBroker.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> AmiBroker - the comprehensive share manager
> http://www.amibroker.com

hypothetical "angle"
> and use it as a measure for further correlations for the same
stock.
> If in the next uptrend the stock gains 1.5 euro in 30 days, then
this
> ratio will be 0.05 and the "angles" will look the same on any
graph
> at any scale.
> Just keep in mind that this "angle" will never have a relation
with
> Euclidean angles and any sin, cosin or atan function will NOT give
> the expected results.
>
> No matter if we like it or not, Euclidean Geometry presupposes
> common measure for both axis.
>
> Dimitris Tsokakis

Service.