Re: [amibroker] indicators (and a request)

Hello, David:

On 28-Dec-00, David Holzgrefe wrote:

> i just spent hour playing with Donald Dalley
> without the right result :)

Did we have fun? ;^)

If I followed the thread properly, I presume you were using the customised
stoch() commentary, found on my web site. If not, please correct me.

That commentary was designed for an earlier version of AmiBroker AFL, which
had slightly different stoch() capabilities. Therefore, my commentary was a
free educational aid which showed the user how to gain more control of a
function (a feature which was added in a later AFL version), helped me
understand how to create a commentary better and also solved a problem
correctly. IIRC, Tomasz came up with the working part of the solution, after I
tried to work around the limitation.

If you can describe to me a real problem with it, maybe it can be fixed (or,
if necessary, deleted). Aside of the recent changes to AFL, though, to be
fair, it should be just as valid today as it was then.

BTW, of all of the people who visit my web site *each week*, few of you ever
contact me. If anyone notices problems with the site, don't see what they want
or like what they do see, why not comment about it? (Don't worry, I can take
it either way and I promise not to bite...) If you want to publicise your AFL
creations, indicators or tutorials, etc., I can make them available to others
for you, too.

After all, I never did learn that mind reading thing, but, more importantly,
that way I get the feedback which makes for meaningful improvements, *for all
of you*!

--

The World of AmiBroker Support