Re: [amibroker] downloads.com

Hi,

You can compare the performance of two stocks by using RS (Comparative Relative Strength).
You can for example display the relative strength of your stock compared to market index.

If you want to display index itself over the price chart of given stock it would
require custom AFL formula.
For example you would like to display the value of DJIA over the price
you would need the following formula:

graph0 = close;
scale = lastvalue(close)/10;
graph1 = scale*close/relstrength("^DJI");

Notes:
1. This would display both price and index graphs in the custom indicator window
2. The code works only in version 3.4 (and above :-))
3. some tricks with scale may be needed to properly handle chart scaling -
supplied formula works well for Dow Jones Industrial.
4. Note that to obtain close of index I use the trick: close/relstrength() -
it works because relstrength is close( current stock )/close( index )

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko