RE: [amibroker] Digest Number 47

To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Tomasz Janeczko" <tjaneczk@xxxx>
Date sent: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 17:03:27 +0200
Send reply to: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Digest Number 47

> Hello,
>
> > I read some of the recent posts, extract below. I wanted to reply
> > specifically on the issue of making Amibroker free. My view is that you must
> > continue to charge for it and you must continue to develop it. I am very
> > happy to pay $49 plus $25 for periodic updates when I know you are listening
> > to users and implementing the things that we want to see.
> >
> > Besides, why should you put in all the effort for free? If you have to rely
> > on users making volantary payments, you will surely become disillusioned and
> > Amibroker will most likely fade away. I'd rather not have that happen!
> >
> > Steve
>
> Thank you Steve. I just want to make things clear:
> AmiBroker will be developed for a VERY LONG time just because I use it for
> my own investments and I really need it. I also have growing need for new
> features and I will surprise you with the number and the quality of new features
> in the future.
>
> Thank you for your support.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko

> Never lose a file again. Protect yourself from accidental deletes,
> overwrites, and viruses with @Backup.
> Try @Backup it's easy, it's safe, and it's FREE!
> Click here to receive 300 MyPoints just for trying @Backup.

Hi Tomasz, hi folks!

First my opinion about porting to linux and BeOS:
Well, these versions would be nice, because as much as a
program is available on different OSes, the acceptance amongst
the users might be better.
But there might also be the risk that working on AmiBroker will get
out of control, because there might be too much work for only one
programmer...
I for myself, would not use the BeOS or Linux versions, nor the
Windoze one, because I don't got BeOS and do not like windows
nor Linux. Linux is a mess and maze of mixed up data trees very
hard to find the way out. (PCeee-users may like it due to the fact,
that they don't know better OSes...)
I would rather like to see an AmigaPPC-Version of AmiBroker...

As I know, AmiBroker is the cheapest stocking program with such
powerful tools. The fees are that cheap!
And by the way, what is AmiBroker for? It is to enhance your
stocktradings. It is quite fair to pay for this...

To Tomasz:
Here are four additional points enhancing future versions of
AmiBroker:

1 The drawing of arcs and bows (please also see point2...)
2. The automated drawing of Fibonacci arcs, angles and
retracements (therefore the arcs!) by using an extreme chart point
as starting point of calculation.
3. Fourier analysis on moving averages, to help the user to fit
moving averages and cycles into a chart.
4. Automated calculation of Gann's angles...

Greetings!

Michael