Re: [amibroker] Saving

Hi Donald,

> Hello, Tomasz:
>
> Will the partially loaded data files take longer, the same or less time to
> save than fully loaded files?

I have tested 50MB database with ~2000 stocks in it and 10+ year history
and with partial loading feature enabled it loads 3 times quicker (i.e.
partial loading time (1 year history) is 1/3 of the full load time).
I measured Win32 version. On my PC machine (k6-III 450Mhz, 20GB Caviar) it
takes 45 sec to load full 50MB database and 15 sec to load it partially.
What I found out is that Win file system is
much better in handling lots of files, so the results in Amiga version may
differ. You can try SmartFileSystem, freeware FS replacement for original
FFS, which promisses big advantages when working with large number of files.
Anyway both loading and saving time is improved a lot and, what is
even better, I will work further on improving partial loading feature so
the results will even be better than now.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko