[amibroker] Re: daily update?

Hello,

> [...]
> If people everyday have to import metastock files (all the files) into
> Amibroker,
> they would never register Amibroker, because they don't have to save
> the dates.
> They work on the Amibroker and next day import again.

Yes, that's correct BUT... without save feature unregistered users
can not use assignments to markets, groups. They also can not
save trend lines and other things which will come soon.

> I thing, it would be better if Amibroker use the same way the other
> chart
> programm does. Just point out where Metastock files are( master
> directory),
> it shares the dates and automatically updates in Amibroker too.
> SuperCharts and some others works the same way. If you do the same,
> Amibroker
> become universal, and you shouldn't have to work for each people
> individually.

AmiBroker/Win32 already implements script-driven ASCII and teletext
import via its OLE automation interface. So the only thing to do
is to provide scripting interface for Metastock import, so with the
help of very small script you will be able to fully automate updates
(as it is already possible for ASCII data sources).

> You're going to solve my problem for now, but what about in future if
> I change
> my provider. I don't want to bother you each time, when I change my data
> provider.

Well, I think that format definition files (*.format) are that easy
that everyone can "master" preparing/modifying them.
I belive also, that they are flexible enough to handle most ASCII data
formats.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko