[amibroker] Re: data

> Tomasz,
> I have some data in files with a .prn extension in the following
> format:
> Date,ie.(20000330) O H L C Vol OI space seperated. Can this be imported
> into Amibroker/Win32? If so how?

It's quite easy, use following format definition:
$FORMAT Date_YMD,Open,High,Low,Close,Volume,Skip
$SKIPLINES 1
$SEPARATOR
$DEBUG 1
$AUTOADD 1
$CONT 1
$GROUP 254

The first line defines format of data, second line is optional (use this to skip first line of the data file which
in most cases holds information about the columns) - you should remove it if your data have no
header line.
The remaining lines define separator (space), debug on (so errors occured during import will
be saved into import.log file), auto-add mode which will automatically add missing tickers,
cont 1 which switches on continuous quotations for added stocks.
The last line causes that newly added stocks will be put to group number 254. (you can of course change it)

For your convenience I have attached prn.format file as well as import.types file to this e-mail.
Please copy them to AmiBroker main directory. From now on you will be able to select
"Space-sep. DOHLCV (*.prn)" from "Files of type" combobox in ASCII import file dialog.

Note: above information applies to AmiBroker 3.24. Version 3.22 does not support $CONT and $GROUP
commands and pre-3.22 versions do not support format definition files.

Note 2: import.types file is specific to AmiBroker/Win32.

BTW: Everyone who has problems with importing data from ASCII files is kindly
asked to send me example data file, so I can help writing appropriate format definition file.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko