[amibroker] Re: Removing Trend Lines

Hi, Tomasz:

On 21-Jan-00, Tomasz Janeczko wrote:

I wrote:
> > If you have trouble removing a trend line, move the pointer's hotspot to
> > an area below the trend line, then shift-click it.

> That's what is written in ReleaseNotes.txt (and .html).
> Please, be so kind, and READ files that come with an update!

That was why I wrote to the list - so that everyone would know that the
removal of trend lines doesn't work
exactly as described or the way they worked in the past. The docs, in both the
ReleaseNotes and the main guide's "What's New", have "click _over_ given trend
line", but that isn't the way it works, at this time.

We need to click *below* the line, at least with the one's I tried to remove.
This didn't depend upon the zoom, but I haven't checked that too much yet.

If this *is* described in the docs, then I'm sorry, I missed it; and I did
read both docs.

Re: trend line wish list

Can you add a feature which *extends the time scale past the last quote"?

Why?

If we can draw lines into the future, we could then make a visual target of
when, or at what price, to make a trade. When the *pointer price locator*
that I suggested earlier is added, we could then get a pretty accurrate
price/date target by crossing the pointer over a trend line. Maybe AB could
also warn us of a crossover.

Also, if the trend lines had edit abilities, we could make small corrections
without having to remove an old line. I don't know if the line's format can
handle (you're allowed to chuckle, here) this or not, but, if they are
vectors, they should. Right?

--

The World of AmiBroker Support