[amibroker] Re: Stochastic Commentary

  • To: "Donald Dalley" <ddalley@xxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: Stochastic Commentary
  • From: "Tomasz Janeczko" <tjaneczk@xxxx>
  • Date: 24 Mar 1999 16:36:55 -0000

Hello

>The AFL 1.1 SYNTAX documentation for item #51: the D/K argument in
>the function brackets is incorrect.
>
>Does the stochk() & stochd() actually work? Each entry, with or without an
>argument in the brackets, caused an "Unknown identifier" error.
>
>(In the error comment, "%K" displays K, "%D" displays a zero.)
>
>The AFL example was used as a syntax guide: stochk(14) & stochd(14).

I am very sorry about that. The only thing that actually works is stoch()
function which is equivalent of described in AFL
reference stochk() function. stochd() may be computed using exponential
moving average of stochk():

stochk_workaround = stoch();
stochd_workaround = ema( stoch(), 3 );

In fact I have included the implementation of %k and %d but I forgot that
lexical scanner chokes on % in the beggining of
function/variable identifiers.

>I see now that you are using C's "\n" as an AFL linebreak.

Yes, that's true - it's an easy way to insert some new lines :-) In future
more escape sequences will be implemented
to allow bold, italics and maybe color text.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/amibroker