Re: [amibroker] Just when it gets interesting...

  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Just when it gets interesting...
  • From: "Tomasz Janeczko" <tjaneczk@xxxx>
  • Date: 20 Aug 1998 19:41:51 -0000

Hi Everyone,

>> Version 2.71a is an AmiNet release.
>
>There are byte-count differences between the last release on your
>page and the Aminet version. Any major revelations in this?

There are 3 minor differences:
1. It displays proper guide page when hitting HELP key with active Metastock
importer window
2. It shows "What's new in 2.7" in Help menu
3. When you are missing broker.prefs file it loads database from the default
'data' subdirectory. Versions 2.60 - 2.70 tried to
load database from current working directory when broker.prefs was not
found.

>I have tried to use it, but it is currently weak enough (in that it
>has no math, and so on) that I rarely use it, except for
>experimentation.

You have to know that you probably will not find a "holy grail" formula even
with more advanced engine.
Actual trading decisions have to be made using comination of all your
knowledge and tools available.

>I have tried to come up with some sort of combination of rules that
>make money consistantly, but have not been all that successful.
>One rule by itself will make you poor real fast, so something more
>reliable is needed.

Rules supplied with AmiBroker (found in "rules" subdirectory) give some
profit if your
brokerage commission is low enough.

>> BTW.: I am planning great improvements in analysis language
>> which will allow not only creating more sophisticated trading
>> rules but also defining custom indicators. But now I am not sure
>> if anyone really needs it.
>
>I can't wait, otherwise I will be struggling with a very simple
>analysis engine. Without the ability to check for candlestick
>patterns, math and other technical indications, along with more
>fundamental fields, I will soon outgrow AmiBroker, and I don't
>want that to happen.

Well, probably I will release some beta version before "true" 3.0 in
order to
check the new features and get some feedback and bug reports.

>I would suggest very strongly that other people speak up *now*!
>Sure it's summer and all, but not everyone is away on vacations.

Anyway AmiBroker will be developed further, but you won't see the features
you like until I hear about them.

>Please keep up the great work, Tomasz. You have *my* support!
Thanks.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko

AmiBroker WWW Site: http://www.polbox.com/a/amibrok